The AGB10150 Precision Diamond and Abrasive Wheel Saw is designed to cut with minimal deformation a wide variety of fragile or soft materials. Solidly built, this instrument can meet the most demanding requirements of laboratories, offering high precision and flexibility.
Equipped with a micrometer for precise positioning of sample over 25mm range and with a digital speed display controller operated through a keypad, AGB10150 is constructed from a cast-aluminium frame and stainless steel components, providing stability and corrosion resistance.
The sample arm includes a system of three weights used for precise control of the downforce of the sample against cutting disk.
The AC 1/4hp motor with inverter is operated by the digital controller to rotate the diamond wafering blade or abrasive cut-off wheels of 3 inch (75mm), 4 inch (100mm), 5 inch (125mm) or 6 inch (150mm) diameter with speeds range from 0 to 1000 rpm.
A transparent polycarbonate splash/safety shield with an integrated safety switch is fitted to prevent operation when the shield is open.
An endpoint microswitch indicator can be set to terminate the cutting process at a predetermined depth.
The recirculating coolant system consists of a coolant reservoir with an adjustable power supply, liquid recirculation pump, twin coolant tubes, stainless perforated tray, sample retrieval tweezers and sump drain tool. The system provides adequate coolant flow to the twin coolant tubes located on either side of the cutting wheel. The recirculating coolant system accepts the delivered cutting fluid.
The following accessories are included as standard:
- Screw holder for irregular samples
- Set of 3 weights
- Tools and digital rpm indicator
- Splash guard
- Cutting fluid
- Accepts 3 inch (76mm), 4 inch (102mm), 5 inch (127mm) and 6 inch (152mm) wheels and blades
- Variable wheel rotation speeds range from 0 to 1000 rpm
- Keyped for easy operation
- Powerful belt driven ac 1/4hp motor with inverter
- Designed for stability and corrosion resistance
- Pivoted specimen arm with 25mm micrometer movement
- Transparent polycarbonate splash/safety shield
- Recirculating coolant system:
- Adjustable power supply
- Liquid recirculation pump
- Twin coolant tubes
- Stainless perforated tray
- Materials: Slicing samples of metals, alloys, composites
- Ceramics: Slicing samples of ceramics
- Semiconductor: Cutting semiconductor crystals and sectioning embedded devices
- Pathology: Cutting bone and teeth material and preparing thin sections. Cutting embedded tissue
- General Physics: Mounting and slicing single crystals along a particular axis
- Geology: Preparing mineralogical sections of rocks
- Paleontology: Preparing sections of fossils in rocks
AGB10150 Technical Specification
|Compact size bench top laboratory equipment
|Pivot specimen arm with load weight and adjustable counterbalance weight with threaded shaft for adjusting the pressure of sample against disk during cutting
|Adjustable cutting depth
|Precise sample positioning
|Electronic adjusted between 0 – 1000rpm, displayed digitally on front panel keypad
|Stage lateral travel
|Manual, up to 25 mm with reading of slice width by a micrometer with resolution of 0.01mm
|Stainless Steel ½ inch (12.7mm) diameter with standard flanges, belt driven
|Manual adjusted, microswitch for stopping the cutting process at a preset depth
|Screw Holder for Irregular Samples included in standard delivery
|Variety of sample holders can be attached
|Cutting wheels & blades outer dia.
|3 inch (76mm), 4 inch (102mm), 5 inch (127mm) and 6 inch (152mm)
|Cutting wheels & blades types
|Broad range of cut-off wheels and diamond wafering blades targeted for various materials sectioning:
|Aluminium Oxide Abrasive Cut-Off Wheels
|Silicon Carbide Abrasive Cut-Off Wheels
|Diamond Wafering Blades
|Recirculating coolant system including:
|stainless steel perforated tray
|adjustable power supply
|win coolant tubes
|sample retrieval tweezers
|RCS drain tool
|110 – 115V or 220 – 240V
|Transparent Polycarbonate Splash/Safety Shield with safety micro switch
|WxHxD: 12” x 8” x 16”
|40 lbs (18kg)
|One year limited with life time support (not including rusted parts due to inadequate storage conditions)